- IMAGINATION: Use your imagination in a positive way. How would I like this situation to work out? Create a vision of the life you would like to have, or the person you would like to be. Imagine what it would feel like, and try not to focus on the disappointment you might feel if it doesn’t work out for you as soon as you might like.
- MAKE A DECISION: In general, any decision is better than no decision, as it gives the feeling of moving forward. If it turns out to be the wrong one, we can change direction further down the road, with the learning we will have gained in the meantime.
- TAKE RESPONSIBILITY: Taking responsibility for ourselves and for our results in life allows us to move into our own power. Even when it appears that the other person was totally at fault, we are responsible for our reactions and our feelings. Taking responsibility is not the same as blaming ourselves.
- MAKE A GOAL: Making a goal helps us to focus on what we want in our lives, and puts us in control. It might be a small one, to take more exercise, to eat healthy food, get more sleep or read a book.
- BE OPEN TO THE SILVER LINING: It’s not just an old wives tale, every cloud does have a silver lining. In every change, there is a letting go, and a making space for something new. A period of difficulty is often the forerunner to a period of personal growth.
Welcome to AnneLeigh Counselling & Psychotherapy
Individual and Couple Counselling and Psychotherapy for Adults.
*Bereavement and Loss
*Anxiety and Panic
Naas and Celbridge, Co Kildare, Ireland
Find us at www.anneleigh.ie or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org